Thursday, October 08, 2015

"There is no such thing as a bad story. Only a bad writer."

     Do you know that feeling whenever you think that you've written the best story in the world, only to find out in the future that you could do better than before?  Well, I certainly do. Whenever I write a piece, essay, short story, fan fiction, blog post, formal theme, or a simple sentence, I make sure to do my best. At times, I may tend to rush a piece because of deadlines, but that doesn't mean I don't do my best.

     I've read millions of books by different authors, far and wide. Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling. Roald Dahl Series. Classics like The Secret Garden. Charlotte's Web by E.B White. Hoot by Carl Hiassen. School of Fear Series by Gitty Daneshvari. The Mysterious Benedict Society series by Trenton Lee Stewart. The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer. Artemis Fowl Series by Eoin Colfer. The Candymakers by Wendy Mass. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. May Bird series by Jodi Lynn Anderson. Wonder by R.J Palacio. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis. The Frog Princess by E.D Baker. I don't think I haven't even mentioned all of my read books, and you may think that this paragraph isn't very nice because of all these infesting books, but these few books are some of the changers of the world. I can't mention everything an author and he's piece did that changed my life. 

     In my life as a young writer, I have much to learn and I haven't reached the half way to creating an extremely beautiful piece. Whenever I read more of my articles from the past, I think that I can be able to make something better, which kind of means that I learn everyday. I can add more words, use better description techniques, and I try my very best to show, not tell. I am not yet that old, and I have big stuff ahead of me.

     And, as a writer I've made my own quote, which I can very much relate to. "There is no such thing as a bad story. Only a bad writer." Whenever writing, I always remember that every idea is never wrong. Because stories only become the best of the best on how they are written. Look at Harry Potter. At first, you have this simple boy who suddenly becomes a wizard. Isn't that so simple? And yet Rowling manages to create a wonderfully made story with such simpleness.

     

No comments: