Thursday, October 22, 2015

"Education is the most powerful weapon for changing the world."

     "Education is the most powerful weapon for changing the world."- Nelson Mandela. Yes and no. 

     Ever since each of us were tiny toddlers, parents have taught us countless things we used to think were nonsense. "Pointing is rude." "Don't talk while your mouth is full." "Focus on your studies."

     Those people at school whom we call teachers, are also full of words. "Multiply this with that first." "No. Colonel is pronounced as kernel." "You use "are" when your noun is in plural form." 

      Though we think that these things don't do any good, I bet we're all wrong. I myself haven't proved it yet, but I know I'm about to. If my Language teacher had never taught me, would my fingers even be typing on this keyboard as your eyes move more and more through these words? If my mom hadn't told me not to point, would I have a single friend? My future isn't very clear yet, and I've got a long way to go, but right now, I learn while I grow.  

     We need education to have the best world. To change it. Yes, I agree with that. But how would we have books, music, and entertainment if it weren't for creativity and imagination? How would we have ended World War II if it weren't for happiness and peace? We still need these things, we have more than education! We need to be our best if we want to change the world. Education is very important, but you can't change the world with that and that only.

P.S This is actually my first quote article where I didn't agree.

No comments: