Saturday, November 05, 2016

Field Trip 2016

     The past three days I've experienced were sooo tiring. Thursday? I cried my eyes out at the fact of me and Scarlette still being bitter like never before, even after semestral break. Friday? It was super fun since it was our field trip! I sat next to Emma, and I instantly fell asleep once I got home. And Saturday, you ask? Me and my family had a trip to Tagaytay, and me and my parents had this big argument earlier in the morning since I really didn't want to wake up because I was so tired from the field trip yesterday. But enough with the complaints, let me tell the story of my School Field trip! (For more photos, visit my Facebook page Wonderings of a Writer, or Instagram account, Athena Cat)

     As I can remember, me and my batchmates went to San Gregorio Farms, Diving Mercy Shrine, and Hospice Of St. John. I sat next to Emma, since me and Scarlette were still ignoring each other. I had a super great time with her throughout the trip, as we talked about childhood memories, music, zodiacs, and food. If you didn't know, me and Emma were also field trip buddies last school year. 
     Our first destination was Divine Mercy Shrine, which was somewhat of a grotto. From the parking lot, we entered this covered court where stacks and stacks of chairs were tidied up, and a cross and altar stood in the front. Farther away were statues of Jesus and other historical people displayed in the gardens. There was a wishing well, where I obviously asked for me and Scarlette to be alright again, and there was also a tiny fountain where you could pass by. There was also a cave that was filled with flowers and statues or images of Mama Mary, and as I remember, there was also a replica of St. John's home. And by the very very end was finally the beautiful church (which we couldn't really enter for a long time because there was an ongoing mass). 

     Our second destination was The Hospice of St. John, which was an orphanage. But sadly, we literally did not do anything at all there. Even though it was drizzling, we wore our hoodies and went there just to listen to a boring speaker inform us about drugs and abandonment. We only dropped the toys we were supposed to give to the orphans in a trash bag which was collected by our teacher, but the talk was just it. The promised interaction with the orphans was really a big fat lie.

     Lastly, we visited San Gregorio Farms, which was really quite enjoyable, if only we had enough time. After taking our lunch, we went to a part of the farm where we were taught how to create Pastillias (Filipino Candy), purely out of cow milk. 

     Then we watched the process of milking cows (I HATED THIS PART, AND I WANTED TO GO HOME SINCE MY HEAD WAS ACHING DUE TO THE BAD SMELL). And who would've thought that they held us captive there until at least two if our batchmates went to the cow and milked it! It was more of a nightmare if you ask me. I was personally about to die since I seriously couldn't stand the scent anymore.

     But once we survived that part, we moved on to tree planting, which was also quite gross since we had to touch the soil. One of my classmates shrieked in horror when she discovered a spider and a worm in her pile. But anyway, there was this plastic that was filled with soil and a little plant. Now, we had to transfer that plant to the ground using our bare hands. Not even a shovel? No gloves? What will you surprise me with next, Philippines? 😒

     But anyways, we also tried the zipline, which was the COOLEST moment of my life. EVER. It was even nervwrecking for me since it was my first time, and out of all my batchmates, I was second to try. The stairs were spiralling and you had to sit down on this belt and hold on to the grips to stay alive. My legs were so shaky, but part of me was also so eager and excited. And once the farm worker pushed me, I saw myself smiling at the spectacular view the zipline had to offer, and grinned wildly when I saw a River (because I was reminded of someone special...). Who would've thought that when I finally reached its end, I couldn't stop complaining for more! 

     I passed through a hanging bridge through the river, which actually led to the fishing area. Although I didn't want to touch any of the Papayas as bait, my eagerness, curiosness, and adventurous side couldn't say no to fishing. It was my first time, and I absoloutely love trying new things when it comes travelling (I EMPHASIZE, ONLY TRAVELLING.) But sadlyyyy, I didn't catch a single one, and my bait was always captured. 

     For more photos, visit my Instagram account (Athena Cat), or Facebook page (Wonderings of a Writer). This is Athena Cat, saying TRAVEL MORE! 

Post a Comment