Monday, January 04, 2016

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

     This December 2015, Cinemas are giving the best Christmas gift evah to geeks all over the world. Know why? 'Cause Star Wars has returned!

     Last December 17, 2015 me and my family went to Ayalala and watched Star Wars Episode VII, directed by J.J Abrams, produced by  Lucasfilm and Abrams' Bad Robot productions, and now distributed worldwide by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. According to my source, Star Wars The Force Awakens is set approximately 30 years after  Return of the Jedi in 1983. 

     Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Finn (John Boyega) meet each other because of an orange and white droid, as you know, BB-8. And BB-8 is the one droid everyone's looking for. . . because he has the map to find long lost Luke Skywalker. Kylo Ren, the new Sith Lord addicted to Darth Vader, is determined to find that droid, and kill Rey.

     Star Wars Episode VII is just grand, but I have to say that during late November and December, I've just seen hundreds of bandwagoners, especially Holly who didn't know a thing about Star Wars back then. But when a marathon showed up at Star Movies, she suddenly became a "Star Wars Fan".

     So episode VII for me, is one of my fave movies of 2015. But I do have some stuff to say about it, so let me start with the not-so-good points.

1. When the Star Wars facebook page posted a photo of the new stormtroopers, I was just like "WUT?!". I have to say that this generation's stormtroopers are really awesome and cool, but in my opinion,  just prefer seeing the classic stormtroopers.
2. I'm quite confused, because I totally thought that Luke wouldn't be shown in this episode. The story is kind of all about Rey discovering her past, and I'm confused because Rey couldn't have found Luke that easily. I know that there are more episodes in the future, but I thought those episodes would be allotted for Rey facing lots of ups and downs in finding Luke, not finding him all easily. But on the other hand, I think that the future episodes could be all about adventures with Luke and Rey (Like Luke teaching Rey Jedi stuff, battling the dark side, blah blah blah).
3. I just want to suggest, that maybe the other actors like Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan and the other characters could be casted in some way, like they'd show their force ghost, or a flashback perhaps.

And now for the good points . . .

1. Making Kylo Ren reveal his face is just so, so good. At first I was so shocked because he wouldn't be terrifying at all, but I realized that no one will ever be able to immitate Darth Vader, no matter what. This just symbolizes that even though Darth Vader may be dead, Kylo Ren will never be able to steal his place in the dark side.
2. I just want to a great thumbs up to Daisy Ridley, aka Rey, since I just adored her! She looked so beautiful and stunning, and I have to admit that in the movie she almost looked like Emma Watson. I was even surprised when she was british.
3. Despite the fact that after many years Star Wars just suddenly released its seventh episode, the signature, adventure, and vibe of your classic Star Wars is still there. Yoda may be gone, Vader may be dead, but all the lightsabers, "The force is with you" stuff, and adventure is all present, which just makes me love Star Wars even more.

     When lights went out in the cinema, and the screen started showing a black background with stars, and then a series of words, with the classic music playing, and everyone being so loyal to it, even after lots of years, just makes me cringe and have goosebumps. Disney truly has invaded Star Wars, but still making the signature be present, which I love, love, love.

BTW, I have been a Star Wars fan since 2014.


No comments: