Friday, October 21, 2016

In Front Of A TV Screen

Long long ago, 
When days were still bright
I faced the TV screen with all my might
Five candidates battling for the one and only title
Debating, giving their thoughts, 
The whole country with eyes and ears open
As if it were a recital 

       Photo from Rappler


Long long ago, 
When days were still bright
I faced the TV screen and got a fright
Is it true, what I had heard? 
The number one candidate, 
The most adored of all,
Laughing along, joking, 
JOKING ABOUT RAPE! 
And yet the millions, millions in this tiny country
Love him, 
Think that he, 
Is the solution for us all




Long long ago, 
When days were becoming packed with fights
I opened my eyes and faced the TV screen, 
Sleepy but still alive
It was true, it really was. . . 
He, the one and only 
The disrespectful
The unfair
The killing mayor, 
Has won the throne
Of this country that is about to fall

     Photo from Google Images
Long long ago, 
When days were still days
I faced the TV screen, slowly wanting to break
Random people being killed! 
With no such reason! 
BLOODY AND INNOCENT
And yet, he multiplies his tries
Mercilessly, with no such light

      Photo from Google Images

Long long ago, 
When I still had hope
I faced the TV screen, and accepted the shooting bow
Police, slamming these sticks 
Slamming them to everything they see 
BECAUSE NOW, NO ONE CARES
NO ONE CARES IF YOU'RE A HUMAN, 
DEAD OR ALIVE
BOY OR GIRL
BECAUSE IF THEY WANT WHAT THEY WANT, 
THEY WILL
No mercy, no love,
And yet you call this doofus
The best of all the rest

       Photo from Google Images

Good job, Philippines
You finally got what you wanted 
But the next time you see something, 
Bloody and innocent
I doubt that it shall anymore be
In front of that very TV screen


No comments: