Monday, February 08, 2016

Mission Impossible: A Treasury of Love


"Roses are Red, Violets are blue. The sun is shining and I love hate you."

     Definitely a cliche. Since the cheesy, red, heart season is just around the corner, I've been preparing so much during these past few weeks to create the perfect present for not of course, a special someone, but for my family. This has to be extra special because my grandparents who are working in Japan have come home for their vacation at the Philippines. But I have millions of problems, and the biggest one is to get to the mall without my parents noticing my surprise. I could, but there's no one to drop me off because of their busy schedule.

     And after days of browsing the internet, I've finally found the sweetest Valentine's day gift recipe in humankind. It's a bit costly for me, and it will require much effort, but hey, I believe in karma. And the recipe, written by Cella V. Fidee is right here at Wonderings of a Writer!

A Treasury of Love
     •A treasury of love is the perfect Valentine's gift for anyone near to your heart, wether your family, classmate, neighbor, or teacher. It does require a lot of effort, but I'm telling you now that it'll all be worth it. A treasury of love consists of the following supplies:

Materials for a Love Treasury

1. A box 
2. A scrapbook (Should fit inside of box)
3. Photos of you - the sender with the receiver (fits in scrapbook)
4. Decorating/Scrapbooking stuff
5. A little item that the receiver likes (according to his/her personality) (Ex. If you're dad is sophisticated and stuff, give him a nice necktie)
6. A ribbon (long enough to cover the box)
7. An item related to Valentine's day (Ex.: Chocolates, roses, etc.)
8. Colored paper (preferably pink and red)
9. Markers and writing materials
10. Yarn (preferably pink or red)
11. Scissors
12. Puncher

     The main idea of a love treasury is to put everything about Valentine's in one box. It consists of four gifts - 1. You and me (the scrapbook of you and the receiver) 2. I love you because... (a tiny book made of colored paper) 3. So You (the item for the receiver) and 4. Happy Valentine's Day (the item related to Valentine's Day)

And here are the steps...

1. You and Me
   •Get a scrapbook
   •Paste all those photos with the receiver and be creative
   •You can also put dates, captions, or anything else you'd like

2. I love you because...
     •Get your colored papers and cut all of them into hearts, all of the same size with 20 pages (Trace each heart with a pencil and the original copy)
     •Put a hole on each page and fasten all of them using your yarn
     •And lastly, put all the reasons you love that person, and don't forget to be creative!



Once you are finished, get the Valentine's item and the personal gift for the receiver. Put everything inside the box and tie it with the ribbon. 



Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: