Monday, June 06, 2016

The New Thirteenth

Here it goes once again
The dreadful end
Of summer's best
Lost are the days,
Sleeping in the late,
And taking long breaks
For on the thirteenth
The bell will ring once more
Declaring that summer, our friend
Is dead and nothing more

     Photo from Pinterest

I will miss the sun shining early
Without fear or a worry
I'll miss the days in front of my keyboard
Typing away with Kazinra
Or in Duolingo
Studying French, and ignoring
If my French is astray
I shall miss resting in the morning
And waking in the noon
Because on the thirteenth of sixteen
It will all be the past 
And nothing more than lost time
And one of my pathetic memories

     Photo from Pinterest

What pressures me most 
Is the thought of that scary dream
Of being that writer I do wish to be
The school paper is back
And is being dreaded by me

There is also that annoying first day 
And I'll have to introduce myself
To people I've known 
Since old preschool days
And yet those teachers please themselves
By giving us a nervous shake
And letting us do it anyway

New sets of classmates 
And new kinds of friends
That conflict appears once more
And I have to talk to them
Because if not
I will be nothing but a stray

There is also that bus driver of mine
Chit chat here blabber there
Talking to me at first
And not caring in the end
I don't want to be different 
Yet he's good with making me feel that
I feel like he treats me now
As nothing more than an isolated rat
And can he not understand
That he does not have to ignore 
Even if I was silent as a windy door

     Photo from Pinterest

But the scariest of all 
Is the thought of college
One of the biggest leaps
A big step on achieving dreams
And a life changing decision
Since it's glimpses are to show
I'll have to raise that hand
And kill that shy girl
Or I'll be nothing but dust
And it's as impossible as 
Making barbells be light
Like air or snow
It's a big thing in life
And it scares me
More than The Game of Thrones

    Photo from Pinterest

     Photo from Pinterest

But I have to keep on 
And not care about all these sorrows
I will get down
And want to be broken like now
But I'll always have those friends 
And family
Who'll give smiles till the end
And who has to worry 
When God is always there
Listening, caring, understanding
Making it all smooth
And letting all those good stuff come true 
Because he is God!
And he can walk on water
And give light to the world
He is kind
And I know in my nerves
That he can make everything nice
In his perfect time

    Photo from Pinterest

Post a Comment